Monday, June 14, 2010

So I'm 4 days early. Shoot me.

Yes, I know it's only June 14th and the 3 month date isn't until June 18th. Well I'm getting a jump start on things. It's how the rest of the planning has gone so far so I'd like to stick with that pace. It doesn't mean I'm not completely stressing deep down inside.

Back story is as follows:
One night while laying in bed after a few fairly dramatic events occurred in our lives, and a few weeks before we were to move from the dreadful Bay Area of California. (no offense, well actually I don't really care if I offend the state, but to Bay Area residents, I'm so sorry for you and your cost of living) we had a random conversation. We should get married, but not tell anyone. Then have a wedding next year or something. Ok.Cool, it will guarantee we both have insurance when we get to Colorado. Sweet.

That was the proposal and engagement summed up. So we planned a Friday afternoon trip to Santa Cruz, CA and brought along his best friend and mine. My mom tagged along since she was in town to help us hit the road the following morning to trek to a cheaper and more beautiful state. We signed the papers and our justice of the peace took us out to the park outside the courthouse. We said vows which I can't for the life of me tell you what they were. We were too busy cracking up the entire time. She wasn't the friendliest lady and seemed quite bitter. But it makes for a good story. We then waited a few months to let the rest of the world know. Turns out that was a mistake, but hey, we laugh about it and what the upset people do is up to them.

So since January of 2010 I have been in active planning mode. Hand making my save the date cards, setting up a wedding website, securing a location, caterer and mapping out the day. Ordering invites, managing a guest list that is much bigger than my liking, determining a "theme/style" for the event and changing my mind a thousand times for each decision making process. I will create entries for each of the above mentioned task and I will include photos and links where needed.  This is just an intro for you, come Friday the 18th, our 9th month of marriage I will start giving you specific details.

No comments:

Post a Comment